Semiconductor Equipment Corporation´s Model 3200 and 3250 apply Protective Tape to Your Wafer Prior to Backlapping. The applicator also:
- Eliminates bubbles between tape and wafer
- Provides uniform tension between tape and wafer
- Operates with backed and non-backed tape
- Provides adjustable roller pressure
- Cuts tape within .005 ” of edge of wafer
- Up to 6″ wafer capability standard.
- Trims tape to the edge of the wafer including the flats, within .005″.
- Manual tape feed.
- Manual tape tensioner.
- Compatible with standard or interleaved tape.
- Vacuum stage wafer hold-down.
- Built in cutter tape separation systems.
- Captive roller assembly assures consistent wafer/film frame contact pressure.
- Adjustable spring loaded platen for optimum contact pressure.
- Static Eliminator with power supply.
- Heated Blade Assembly. Heats cutting blade to reduce friction when cutting particular types of back lapping tapes. Heats to 75 degrees C.
- Motorized Take-up System to gather the liner from dicing tape onto a disposable core. Many semiconductor dicing tapes have a protective liner, which has to be gathered and disposed of. This option makes that process effortless and convenient.
- DeTaper Option: for removing backgrinding tape once the wafer has been thinned. Includes: a) Roller assembly carrier. b) Vacuum chuck c) Tape dispenser
- Weight: 25 lbs.
- Height: 8″
- Width: 14″
- Length: 24″
- Vacuum: 25″ H20
- Spare Blades, End Cut
- Spare Blades, Rotary, Wafer Trimme
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE
Quickly, Easily and Uniformly Mounts Protective Tape to Wafer for Back Lap Operation
Grasp tape from storage position. Pull over wafer mounting platen.
Affix tape to tensioner frame.
Roll tape with preset tension across wafer for bubble-free application.
Close cutter cover.
Separate tape from roll, using built-in slitter.
Using built-in fail-safe circular cutter, rotate handle in either direction to trim tape away from tension frame.
Remove finished wafer assembly.